Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spray for the day


No time for a wash and blow dry? Fear not dolls, dry shampoo is here to the rescue. Here are a few I stand behind.

Orlando Pita Voluminizing Dry Shampoo ($28 at Sephora/Ulta)
my favorite because it comes in 3 shades and really gives your hair a boost as well as absorbing extra oils. A bottle last about 3 months with weekly use.
**Style TIP**works even better if you apply a little heat from the blow dryer or flat iron. Also comes in dry conditioner form.


Rene Furterer Naturia ($31 Sephora/ Ulta or high end salons) Another great alternative to "lathering, rinse, repeat". Extends your limp lots another full day. Draw back is it has a musky odor that dissipates after a few minutes.
Bedhead Rockaloics Dirty Secrets ($18 at retail salons)
Nice fresh scent & works well for the price. Doesn't give the root lift that Orlando Pita can deliver.


AVOID- Oscar Blondie dry shampoo
Heavy smell of lemon cleaner. From my experience the product evaporates after a few uses. Sephora claims the brand is fixing the issue. Until then- stear clear!

3 comments:

  1. Dry Shampoo? Really? I need to explore some new options for my hair. Ever since kids... its gone curly and dry. I never could have gone without washing every day when I was younger but now I could totally wash every other day. In fact I went no-poo for a month back in August 2008. Washing with only apple cider vinegar and baking soda. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also find spraying some of your fav perfume on a hairbrush and running it through your hair helps. It is also a good trick for dealing with summer humidity when you don't want to use hairspray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes- perfume very true. But for truly cleasning your hair on say day two or three post blowout... dry shampoo is the only way to go!

    ReplyDelete